Get Involved! Private Sector
With global warming, biodiversity loss, and other forms of environmental degradation growing in prominence, the private sector is taking an increasingly active role in environmental conservation. Rainforestation (RF) advocates have already developed links to a number of corporate sponsors and we would like to encourage others to get involved in the following ways:
- Adopting RF for company reforestation projects, including those developed through CSR initiatives or as required under Environmental Compliance Certificates
- Providing land and support for RF initiatives implemented by others
- Sponsoring or supporting other RF-related programs, including training and capacity-building, advocacy, and research
- Providing upfront financing and technical support for the development of large-scale rainforestation projects aimed at generating credits for the carbon market
- Contributing through Haribon’s Adopt-a-Seedling program (see list of past contributors)
If you represent a private sector interest and would like more information about starting or getting involved with Rainforestation efforts in your region, please contact the RFRI Secretariat.