WWF Reforestation Fund
Local organizations from select WWF-US priority ecoregions must meet all of the following eligibility criteria to be considered for a grant. WWF-US Priority ecoregions include: Mesoamerican Reef, Amazon, Congo Basin, Coastal East Africa, Madagascar, Eastern Himalayas, Greater Mekong, Borneo and Sumatra, Coral Triangle(www.worldwildlife.org/places).
- Be legally registered in a country within a WWF-US priority area (Note: Philippines is included under the "Coral Triangle);
- Provide a clear and compelling proposal that must include:
- an overview of the need for the reforestation project and conservation objective;
- a description of the reforestation site (including photos);
- a detailed description of the proposed activity (including species selected and why, expected number of trees to be planted, long-term tree stewardship/maintenance plans and an explanation of how this reforestation project fits in with other conservation projects in the area – specifically WWF projects, expected conservation outcomes);
- a training or capacity building activity;
- a project timeline;
- a detailed project budget (not exceeding USD$10,000).
- Apply before an application deadline:
- 1st Round: March 1, 2013
- 2nd Round: May 1, 2013
- Complete all project activities BEFORE September 1, 2013.
For more inforamtion, please go to the official website